Art Of War Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AOW's Official Forums

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dead Space

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
[AOW] Bishamon8
Admin
Admin
[AOW] Bishamon8

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Dead Space   Dead Space Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:32 am

DAMIT I ALREADY WROTE THIS ONCE-

For those of you who don't know Dead Space has been dubbed the scariest game in the world by some-

The game starts off with you and a small crew aboard an emergency maintenance ship headed for a large mining ship in deep space called the Ashymura ( ? on name and spelling, but it's close enough) Upon arrival all hell starts breaking loose almost immediatly following your uneasy landing.

You're seperated from you captian and some other winey bich who dosen't stop complaining, I have a feeling this will turn into some kind of relationship before the game is over, I prefer just to shoot her ass. Anyway, the ships support systems have been knocked out, and it's been overrun by some other lifeform. These aren't your average creatures. Written in blood on walls are hints on how to take these bastards out. You can shoot all you want at the torso with little to no damage. I swear I opened one up with a plasma cutter, and something else started crawling down for my foes rib cage. Ya got to go for the limbs, and I tell you there are body parts flying everywhere, it's a bloody one.

The game is played OTS, however it's got a bit of a twist to it. Instead of having a HUD, your life and other statuses are displayed on the back of your suit. The ammo in your gun is visibly by LED readout on the back. Pretty sweet set up if you ask me. As you move about you pick up credits which can be used at the stores located in the TRAM stations. Here you can purchase new weapons, critical supplies such as health, extra ammo, suit parts etc. You can even store some of your inventory in the "safe" for later retreival. On the back of your suit your health and stasis are displayed. Stasis is the ability to slow down fast moving objects, be it malfunctioning doors, or even enemies. I came across some lady who was blind folded and talking to her dead boyfriend, almost euthenised her when all of a sudden she dropped another module for my suit. This is the kinesis module, as one would axpect I now have the "force" I can pick up large objects move them and throw them if I choose. There are plenty more modules undiscovered, and ready for unlocking. There are stations where with the right awards you can upgrade parts of your suit, for more air, health, inventory etc.

The games lighting, sound, and graphics are brilliant. Running through hallways with malfunctioning lights, give off an erie, yet lifelike stobe affect. Shadows pass by you, or are off in the distance from either parts of the ship, or maybe a alien bastard waiting to try and do the nasty with you. The sounds will keep you on your toes, waiting for the next encounter. Audio clips are picked up, and played to piece together the parts of the puzzle.

So far I have only jumped once, it was early into the second chapter, I can only assume with 12 chapters to the game, that I'm in for a long ride. So put the kids to bed, throw this disc in, turn off the lights, turn the sound up, and hunker down for some Limb splitting carnage-

Bish
Back to top Go down
https://artofwar.editboard.com
[AOW] shootemhigh
Admin
Admin
[AOW] shootemhigh

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 9:41 am

Good write up Bish, damit now another game to buy... Dead Space 889844
Back to top Go down
http://www.artofwarforumotion.com
[AOW] FO13FOX
Admin
Admin
[AOW] FO13FOX

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:10 am

Not me. I have to be very selective these days, sounds great though. Another game I couldn't play with kid around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tigergraphicsdesign.com
Sponsored content

Dead Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dead Space   Dead Space Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dead Space
Page 1 of 1